DMCA Takedown Policy
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof, and you believe that any content hosted on our web site (www.topdnb.com) infringes your copyrights, then you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by providing our Designated Copyright Agent (contact info is below) with the following information, in writing, preferably using the same numbering scheme to help speed up the request:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner (or someone authorized to act on behalf of the owner);
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Top DnB to locate the material. Providing URLs in the body of your email will help us locate those files.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party including your name, physical address, email address, phone number and fax number;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that the use of the material is unauthorized by the copyright agent; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- A scanned physical document that proves you are or you are representing the copyright owner will help speed up the request.
- All received emails should be in plain text to help ensure compatibility with our automated systems.
Please consult your legal counsel or See 17 U.S.C. Section 512(c)(3) to confirm these requirements.
PLEASE NOTE THAT, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE CONTENT IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL PENALTIES. THESE PENALTIES MAY INCLUDE MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS FEES INCURRED BY US, BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER, OR BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER’S LICENSEE THAT IS INJURED BY A RESULT OF OUR RELYING UPON YOUR MISREPRESENTATION. YOU MAY ALSO BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY.
Counter Notification – Restoration of Material
If you have received a notice of material being takedown because of a copyright infringement claim, you may provide us with a counter notification in an effort to have the material in question restored to the site. Said notification must be given in writing to our DMCA Agent and must contain substantially the following elements pursuant to 17 USC Section 512(g)(3):
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- A description of the material that has been taken down and the original location of the material before it was taken down.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal district court for the judicial district in which the address is located (or if you are outside of the United States, that you consent to jurisdiction of any judicial district in which the service provider may be found), and that the you will accept service of process from the person or company who provided the original infringement notification.
If you’re writing to us from within Europe, please send a European Intellectual Property Rights Enforcement Directive (IPRED) request instead.
Send all DMCA/copyright-related requests in plain text to our Designated Agent at:
- 5 Misconceptions Copyright Holders Have About the DMCA
- Fair Use (Wikipedia)
- Fair Use Checklist (Columbia University)
We’ll do our best to process valid requests within 24-48 hours. Thanks!